Tabora is the honey capital of Tanzania. Tabora is in the centre of the country, on the railway line joining Dar es Salaam and Dodoma to Kigoma. It is the junction for trains heading to Mwanza on Lake Victoria. There is not that much to offer tourists in this part of the country, although there is an old German Boma which has been converted into a hotel.
- Cultural visits:variable
- Best time to visit Tabora: June - September
- How to get to Tabora: you can drive or catch the train
- Safari types available:Cultural safaris
Things to do in Tabora include visiting the Museum and Fort Boma. Built by the Germans at the end of the 19th century this is still in use by the Military. A visit to the vibrant market which sells everything imaginable or a day trip to historical Kwihara, an important town for the slave trade.
- Attractions: and Culture.
- How to get there: Drive, Train